- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 TBSP Vanilla & Fig Balsamic Vinegar (can substitute with sherry vinegar)
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 4 ripe Black Mission Figs1/2 Cup TOOC Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula
- 3/4 C fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful young, tender frisee
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, chilled
- Sea Salt to taste
Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
Trim fig stems, removing anything fibrous but preserving the teardrop shape. Cut into quarters lengthwise and set aside.
Whisk olive oil into the vinegar and shallot mixture. Combine the greens and herbs and gently toss with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
Place the greens on a serving platter and nestle the fig quarters and strawberries around the greens. Crumble the goat cheese on top.
Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette over the fruit and cheese and serve immediately.
Yield: Serves 4