Pear & Bleu Cheese Salad
Pear and Bleu Cheese Salad with carmelized pecans, avocado, TOOC Citrus Olive Oil and Pomegranate Vinegar. That's about as robust as it gets!
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 head leaf lettuce, chopped
- 3 pears, peeled and chopped
- 5 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup TOOC Citrus Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons TOOC Pomegranate Vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Honey Truffle mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground peppercorns to taste
- Salad Herbs to taste
Prepare Pecans: Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and pecans in a skillet over medium heat. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into small pieces.
Dressing: blend olive oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, bleu cheese, avocado, and green onions.
Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with Salad Herbs and pecans.
There are no Nutrition Facts define here.