Back Baking With Olive Oil
Most people know that they can use olive oil for cooking their favorite recipes, however, it often surprises people to find out that baking with olive oil is a healthy option as well. Here are our most helpful tips and delicious uses for olive oil in baking.
Baking With Olive Oil
- Choose a delicate, late harvest olive oil with nutty, buttery or fruity notes for baking. Stay away from the more intense, Italian, or Tuscan varieties.
- Substitute olive oil for butter in pie crust. Simply chill the olive oil in the freezer using a zip-sealed bag for 2-3 hours until it is the consistency of honey.
- Olive oil is high in Vitamin E, which aids in keeping your baked goods fresher for longer.
- Use olive oil in place of vegetable oil for chewy brownies or moist cakes and muffins.
- Use an olive oil with nutty or buttery notes to make your cookies light and flavorful.
- Brush olive oil on your baking pan or cookie sheet to ensure your baked goods lift right out of the pan.
- Add a fruity olive oil to strawberry shortcake or rhubarb pie.
- Drizzle olive oil over dark chocolate fudge cake.
- Thinly coat your hands with olive oil to help keep dough from sticking.
- You can even bake with our buttery, traditional Olivum Reserve Late Harvest Olive Oil, or add our D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil to brownies for a delicious hint of Meyer lemon.