Mediterranean Fried Chicken
A fun, delicious chicken recipe with a pleasant rosemary flavor.
- Whole chicken legs - drumsticks and split breasts are also fine
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 small sprigs thyme
- Ginger root - grated, or use 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 6 leaves fresh marjoram - chopped, or use 1/2 teaspoon of dried marjoram
- Sweet ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 lime slices - Replace with 2 lemon slices if you don’t have limes
- A short dash of soy sauce
Sprinkle some freshly grated ginger on both sides of the chicken legs. Scatter the marjoram, a few pinches of red sweet pepper, the turmeric and salt to taste on both sides of the chicken pieces.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the rosemary and thyme sprigs. When the olive oil is hot, add the chicken legs and brown each side uncovered for 5 minutes over low-medium heat. You should begin to see a nice crust.
lace 2 lime slices on top of each chicken piece and squeeze a little bit of lime juice over them too. If you use lemon use only 1 slice for each chicken leg, because lemons aren’t as sweet as limes.
Pour a short dash of soy sauce over the chicken legs. Turn down the heat a little bit and cover. Cook each side for 10 minutes. It’s advisable to turn over the fried chicken pieces twice during the cooking time.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
There are no Nutrition Facts define here.
No Recipies for this product.