Back Grilled Zucchini with Citrus, Garlic and Parmesan
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely minced
- zest of 1 lemon, plus
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- two pinches kosher salt
- two pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 4 zucchinis, washed, stem trimmed and cut horizontally
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
Melt butter with citrus olive oil in a small saucepan. Remove off of the heat and grate in the garlic and lemon zest. Next, squeeze in the juice from half a lemon and measure and add in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Place the zucchini halves onto a rimmed metal sheet pan. Using a paring knife, score x's into the flesh before brushing with the butter mixture.
Preheat your grill to medium. Once hot, place the zucchinis onto the grill grates, cut-side down, close the lid and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until grill marks form. Turn, brush with the remaining olive oil/butter mixture making sure the garlic, zest and herbs are worked into the score marks. Sprinkle the parmesan over top, cover and grill for 1 to 2 more minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serve immediately with fresh basil leaves scattered overtop.
Yield: 4 to 8
Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 minutes
Total Time: about 20 minutes
There are no Nutrition Facts define here.
No Recipe for this product.