This delicious hummus serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer
- 2 cups (450 g) dry chick peas (garbanzo beans) - about 5 cups cooked
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) tahini (sesame paste)
- 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) lemon juice - freshly pressed
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water (use chickpea cooking water, if you have it available) - optional
- 2 or more tablespoons D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat Italian parsley - as garnish
Cook the chick peas and drain them. Crush and mash the garbanzo beans with a food mill or blender. Add the salt and peeled garlic cloves to a mortar and crush them. Add the tahini and lemon juice alternately to the same mortar and mix well with the pestle or a wooden spoon.
Pour the tahini mixture over the pureed chick peas, and work it with a whisker or wooden spoon until you obtain a smooth and thick, but soft paste. Pour the hummus onto a shallow serving plate.
A moment before serving, drizzle the D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil in the center and garnish with the chopped parsley
Serve chilled or at room temperature with radishes, pickles and green onions, as it is done traditionally.
Serves: 6 to 8 as appetizer
There are no Nutrition Facts define here.