Back Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Cornish Hens with Roasted Potatoes
A creative alternative to the traditional turkey. Created by Hannah.
Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Cornish Hens with Roasted Potatoes-1
- 2 1/4 tablespoon TOOC's Roasted Garlic Olive Oil plus more to drizzle after
- 1 medium Red Onion, chopped and divided
- 1/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt, Murray River Salt
- 2 Cornish game hens
- Pink salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons TOOC's Fresh Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2-3 pounds of potatoes washed and dried
- Pink salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add Roasted Garlic olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in half the onion and uncooked wild rice. Saute 5 to 10 minutes. Mix in chicken stock and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 45 minutes until rice is tender and easily fluffed with a fork.
- Season the Cornish game hens inside and out with salt and pepper and stuff with the rice mixture. Place the hens breast side up on a rack in a baking pan. Brush with Fresh Rosemary olive oil and lemon juice.
- Cover the baking pan, and cook the hens 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cut potatoes in 2 inch pieces. Toss potatoes and the rest of the onion in a bowl with Roasted Garlic olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Reduce oven to 350 F, uncover pan, add potatoes and continue cooking 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender and golden brown and the hens are no longer pink and the juices run clear. Drizzle more Roasted Garlic olive oil on the potatoes and serve.
Write Your Own Review
There are no Nutrition Facts define here.
No Recipe for this product.