- Love Love Love It!!!Review by Sheri Burtness
- My FavoriteReview by Jo Scruggs
(Posted on 12/30/11)
- Great salad dressing!Review by Marisa Hopkins
Write Your Own Review
A great new twist for your summer salad! You'll love this delightful blend of fruits, vegetables and California-grown olives.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 medium-sized Maui onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. curly pasta of your choice
- 2 T Vanilla and Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Citrus Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 t Salish Smoked Sea Salt, finely ground
- 1 pkg. Feta cheese
- 1 pkg, pine nuts, raw, unsalted
- 1 cup chopped olives, more torn then cut (I like to use half Mission Olives and half Tuscan Spiced Balsamic Olives)
- Fresh edible flowers (optional)
Cook pasta as directed on package. Wash and quarter bell peppers, remove seeds and place them on a preheated grill until slightly soft and beginning to char. Remove from the grill, remove charred area and carefully chop the bell peppers. Toss drained pasta, peppers, onion, feta cheese, pine nuts and chopped olives together in a generous bowl. Whisk vinegar, olive oil and salt together and drizzle over the salad. Serve well-chilled, garnished with fresh edible flowers.
Courtesy of Peggy, Rockville, NY, a recipe for Strawberry, Fig & Basil Salad.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 TBSP Vanilla & Fig Balsamic Vinegar (can substitute with sherry vinegar)
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 4 ripe Black Mission Figs
- 1/2 Cup TOOC Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula
- 3/4 C fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful young, tender frisee
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, chilled
- Sea Salt to taste
Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
Trim fig stems, removing anything fibrous but preserving the teardrop shape. Cut into quarters lengthwise and set aside.
Whisk olive oil into the vinegar and shallot mixture. Combine the greens and herbs and gently toss with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. .
Place the greens on a serving platter and nestle the fig quarters and strawberries around the greens. Crumble the goat cheese on top. .
Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette over the fruit and cheese and serve immediately.
Yield: Serves 4 Learn More