This delicious truffle barley soup is terrific in cold weather months. Thanks to Delynn from Spokane WA for sharing with us!
- ¾ C barley
- 2 T Le Caprice de Nature
- 3 medium size celery stalks sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 ½ pounds mushrooms thickly sliced (assorted varieties works nicely)
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2 13 ¾ to 14 ½ ounce cans organic beef broth
- 5 medium size carrots, cut in ¼ inch thick slices
- ¼ C dry Sherry
- 1 ½ t sea salt
- TOOC White Truffle Olive Oil for drizzling
- Fresh sage
In a 3 quart saucepan over high heat, heat barley and 4 Cups water to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes Drain barley; set aside.
Meanwhile, in Dutch oven or saucepot over medium high heat, heat Le Caprice add celery onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes until golden stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned stirring occasionally.
On medium high heat add tomato paste and cook, stirring 2 minutes. Add beef broth, carrots, sherry, salt, barley and 4 cups water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes until carrots and barley are tender.
Serve in bowls and drizzle each with TOOC White Truffle Olive Oil. Garnish with fresh Sage.