Write Your Own Review
Warm vegetable and anchovy dip made with your favorite vegetables of the season and Le Caprice D'Nature savory olive oil.
- An assortment of spring or summer vegetables (baby carrots, fennel, sweet bell pepper, snap peas etc.) or, fall vegetables such as mushrooms, potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/2 C Le Caprice D'Nature Olive Oil
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets
In a small pan over low heat combine the first three ingredients. Do not allow the garlic to brown. Add the anchovies, mash and blend into the oil. Serve warm. Learn More
Pistou is a variation of Italian pesto. It makes a great sauce or condiment for pasta dishes, fish, chicken, vegetables, and soup. Submitted by Leesa from Plymouth, MA.
- 2 C sorrel or basil, tough stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- ½ C Le Caprice de Nature
- Dash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ t course sea salt
- 1/8 t fresh ground pepper
Combine sorrel, walnuts, garlic, and parmesan in bowl of food processor And pulse until finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in 6 tablespoons Le Caprice and process until smooth. Add lemon juice, slat and pepper. Spoon into small bowl and top with remaining Le Caprice. Refrigerate until ready to use. To serve; use as a vegetable dip, bread dip, sandwich spread, in bean soup, tossed with fresh cooked pasta or on grilled meat. ENJOY! Learn More
This delicious truffle barley soup is terrific in cold weather months. Thanks to Delynn from Spokane WA for sharing with us!
- ¾ C barley
- 2 T Le Caprice de Nature
- 3 medium size celery stalks sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 ½ pounds mushrooms thickly sliced (assorted varieties works nicely)
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2 13 ¾ to 14 ½ ounce cans organic beef broth
- 5 medium size carrots, cut in ¼ inch thick slices
- ¼ C dry Sherry
- 1 ½ t sea salt
- TOOC White Truffle Olive Oil for drizzling
- Fresh sage
In a 3 quart saucepan over high heat, heat barley and 4 Cups water to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes Drain barley; set aside.
Meanwhile, in Dutch oven or saucepot over medium high heat, heat Le Caprice add celery onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes until golden stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned stirring occasionally.
On medium high heat add tomato paste and cook, stirring 2 minutes. Add beef broth, carrots, sherry, salt, barley and 4 cups water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes until carrots and barley are tender.
Serve in bowls and drizzle each with TOOC White Truffle Olive Oil. Garnish with fresh Sage.