Try this unique pasta dish with cashew, mint and cilantro.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1/3 C Cashews
- 1 fresh Jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/3 cup plus 3 Tablespoons Roasted Garlic Reserve Olive Oil
- 2 C fresh Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 C fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 C fresh parsley leaves (preferably flat leaf)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb dried fettuccine or other pasta
Toast cashews on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until fragrant (approximately 5-7 minutes). Let cool. Place cashews in food processor and process until they form a rough paste. Add the next four ingredients and pulse several times until incorporated into the paste. Add the fresh herbs and 1/2 of the olive oil and process to make a rough paste again.
Add the lime juice and the remaining olive oil and mix until smooth. Season to taste with the salt & pepper and set aside at room temperature. Meanwhile, make pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a warmed platter. Pour sauce over pasta and toss well. Serve immediately.