Featured RecipesCrazy about cooking with olive oil? New recipes: Fajita Frenzy Olive Oil Made With Fresh Limes, D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil, Rosemary Reserve Olive Oil - Late Harvest, Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta, Tuscan Tabouleh, Sicilian Sashimi, Italian Wedding Soup, Habanero Flank Steak, Chili a la Habanero, Bean Salad, Picante English Muffin Pizza, Arugula Salad with Honey Citrus Pomegranate Dressing, and more...
- Home >
- D’Luscious Hummus
- 2 cups (450 g) dry chick peas (garbanzo beans) - about 5 cups cooked \r\n
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) tahini (sesame paste) \r\n
- 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) lemon juice - freshly pressed \r\n
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled \r\n
- 1/2 teaspoon salt \r\n
- 1/4 cup water (use chickpea cooking water, if you have it available) - optional \r\n
- 2 or more tablespoons D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil \r\n
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat Italian parsley - as garnish \r\n
Cook the chick peas and drain them. Crush and mash the garbanzo beans with a food mill or blender. Add the salt and peeled garlic cloves to a mortar and crush them. Add the tahini and lemon juice alternately to the same mortar and mix well with the pestle or a wooden spoon.
\r\nPour the tahini mixture over the pureed chick peas, and work it with a whisker or wooden spoon until you obtain a smooth and thick, but soft paste. Pour the hummus onto a shallow serving plate.\r\n
A moment before serving, drizzle the D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil in the center and garnish with the chopped parsley
Serve chilled or at room temperature with radishes, pickles and green onions, as it is done traditionally.\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\nServes: 6 to 8 as appetizer\r\n
|Home Right Side Products||No|
|Customer Favorites Position||No|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.