- FantasticReview by Sherry
- Lovely flavorReview by Maureen O'Doherty
- BA-mazing!Review by anne hicks
- Best Olive Oil for Vegetables & SaladsReview by Joseph & Shirley Van Parys
- DELICIOUSReview by scott bolshazy
- Versatile and DeliciousReview by scott bolshazy
Write Your Own Review
Basil and Chicken - That’s It!
This simple chicken recipe is a quick and easy addition to various dishes all week. Chop it and add it to your salad at lunch or heat and serve with your favorite rice or pasta.
- Fresh Basil or Citrus Olive Oil
- Boneless chicken breast
Take a small amount of Fresh Basil Olive Oil (this works great with the Citrus too!) and coat the bottom of a baking pan with it. Place your chicken in the pan and drizzle a little bit more of the Fresh Basil Olive Oil. Bake at 425 for 30-40 min. Remove from heat and sprinkle a pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
This chicken is a quick and easy addition to various dishes all week. Chop it and add it to your salad at lunch, heat and serve with your favorite rice or pasta —how about our delicious Tomato Basil Pasta!ï¿½ Or just eat it alone as a quick and easy meal or snack.
Serves: 4 or variesLearn More
Courtesy of Dan from Denver, CO, featuring Temecula Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 6 T. TOOC Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Hot Pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 pounds ripe, fragrant heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 C chopped parsley
Heat large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the onion, and carrot and season with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and gently cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and stir to combine. Cover again and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are very juicy, 10-15 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Add the parsley and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in remaining Olive Oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. If it's too acidic, add a pinch of sugar. If it's too sweet a drop of red wine vinegar.
If you would like a thicker sauce cook down until it reaches the desired consistency. Learn More
Your summer harvest of tomatoes will burst with pride!
This simple recipe showcases our Fresh Basil Olive Oil, made with crushed organic California Basil. It is wonderful hot, but is also great the next day as a cold pasta salad.
- 1 Red Tomato
- 1 Yellow Tomato
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Pine Nuts, Toasted and Unsalted
- 1 Pkg. Black Pepper Pasta
- Fresh Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Asagio Fresca Cheese
Chop tomatoes and bell peppers into even bite sized pieces and put aside. Cook pasta until aldente and drain. Toss Fresh Basil EVOO, pasta, tomatoes, bell peppers, and pine nuts together. Coating everything with the EVOO. Sprinkle with fresh grated Asagio Fresca cheese and serve. This is wonderful hot, but is also great the next day as a cold pasta salad.
Serves: 4Learn More
Courtesy of Peggy, Rockville, NY, a recipe for Strawberry, Fig & Basil Salad.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 TBSP Vanilla & Fig Balsamic Vinegar (can substitute with sherry vinegar)
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 4 ripe Black Mission Figs
- 1/2 Cup TOOC Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula
- 3/4 C fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful young, tender frisee
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, chilled
- Sea Salt to taste
Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
Trim fig stems, removing anything fibrous but preserving the teardrop shape. Cut into quarters lengthwise and set aside.
Whisk olive oil into the vinegar and shallot mixture. Combine the greens and herbs and gently toss with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. .
Place the greens on a serving platter and nestle the fig quarters and strawberries around the greens. Crumble the goat cheese on top. .
Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette over the fruit and cheese and serve immediately.
Yield: Serves 4 Learn More