Search results for 'tomato'
Your summer harvest of tomatoes will burst with pride!
This simple recipe showcases our Fresh Basil Olive Oil, made with crushed organic California Basil. It is wonderful hot, but is also great the next day as a cold pasta salad.
- 1 Red Tomato
- 1 Yellow Tomato
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Pine Nuts, Toasted and Unsalted
- 1 Pkg. Black Pepper Pasta
- Fresh Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Asagio Fresca Cheese
Chop tomatoes and bell peppers into even bite sized pieces and put aside. Cook pasta until aldente and drain. Toss Fresh Basil EVOO, pasta, tomatoes, bell peppers, and pine nuts together. Coating everything with the EVOO. Sprinkle with fresh grated Asagio Fresca cheese and serve. This is wonderful hot, but is also great the next day as a cold pasta salad.
Serves: 4Learn More
Courtesy of Dan from Denver, CO, featuring Temecula Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 6 T. TOOC Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Hot Pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 pounds ripe, fragrant heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 C chopped parsley
Heat large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the onion, and carrot and season with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and gently cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and stir to combine. Cover again and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are very juicy, 10-15 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Add the parsley and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in remaining Olive Oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. If it's too acidic, add a pinch of sugar. If it's too sweet a drop of red wine vinegar.
If you would like a thicker sauce cook down until it reaches the desired consistency. Learn More
This delicious truffle barley soup is terrific in cold weather months. Thanks to Delynn from Spokane WA for sharing with us!
- ¾ C barley
- 2 T Le Caprice de Nature
- 3 medium size celery stalks sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 ½ pounds mushrooms thickly sliced (assorted varieties works nicely)
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2 13 ¾ to 14 ½ ounce cans organic beef broth
- 5 medium size carrots, cut in ¼ inch thick slices
- ¼ C dry Sherry
- 1 ½ t sea salt
- TOOC White Truffle Olive Oil for drizzling
- Fresh sage
In a 3 quart saucepan over high heat, heat barley and 4 Cups water to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes Drain barley; set aside.
Meanwhile, in Dutch oven or saucepot over medium high heat, heat Le Caprice add celery onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes until golden stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned stirring occasionally.
On medium high heat add tomato paste and cook, stirring 2 minutes. Add beef broth, carrots, sherry, salt, barley and 4 cups water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes until carrots and barley are tender.
Serve in bowls and drizzle each with TOOC White Truffle Olive Oil. Garnish with fresh Sage.
This pizza is infused with tequila and our Picante Pepper Olive Oil to give it a fresh modern zesty flavor.
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 6 ounces water
- 3 shots tequila
- 3 tablespoons Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon Sonoma Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Picante Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil
There are no measurements for the pizza toppings, so add as much or as little as you want.
- Pre-made Pizza Dough of your choice
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced tomato
- pre-cooked, sliced chicken breast (cooked in Picante Pepper Olive Oil)
- Pine nuts
- Picante Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer to blend flavors. Toss pizza dough into desired shape, brush with olive oil and bake halfway through. Remove half-baked pizza dough from the oven and carefully build your pizza. Place pizza back in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and is bubbling. Drizzle with olive oil, slice and serve.Learn More