Search results for 'basil'
Pistou is a variation of Italian pesto. It makes a great sauce or condiment for pasta dishes, fish, chicken, vegetables, and soup. Submitted by Leesa from Plymouth, MA.
- 2 C sorrel or basil, tough stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- ½ C Le Caprice de Nature
- Dash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ t course sea salt
- 1/8 t fresh ground pepper
Combine sorrel, walnuts, garlic, and parmesan in bowl of food processor And pulse until finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in 6 tablespoons Le Caprice and process until smooth. Add lemon juice, slat and pepper. Spoon into small bowl and top with remaining Le Caprice. Refrigerate until ready to use. To serve; use as a vegetable dip, bread dip, sandwich spread, in bean soup, tossed with fresh cooked pasta or on grilled meat. ENJOY! Learn More
The flavors of basil, cilantro and lime bring this pasta dish to life.
Try this unique pasta dish with cashew, mint and cilantro.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1/3 C Cashews
- 1 fresh Jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/3 cup plus 3 Tablespoons Roasted Garlic Reserve Olive Oil
- 2 C fresh Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 C fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 C fresh parsley leaves (preferably flat leaf)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb dried fettuccine or other pasta
Toast cashews on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until fragrant (approximately 5-7 minutes). Let cool. Place cashews in food processor and process until they form a rough paste. Add the next four ingredients and pulse several times until incorporated into the paste. Add the fresh herbs and 1/2 of the olive oil and process to make a rough paste again.
Add the lime juice and the remaining olive oil and mix until smooth. Season to taste with the salt & pepper and set aside at room temperature. Meanwhile, make pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a warmed platter. Pour sauce over pasta and toss well. Serve immediately.Learn More
Courtesy of Peggy, Rockville, NY, a recipe for Strawberry, Fig & Basil Salad.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 TBSP Vanilla & Fig Balsamic Vinegar (can substitute with sherry vinegar)
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 4 ripe Black Mission Figs
- 1/2 Cup TOOC Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula
- 3/4 C fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful young, tender frisee
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, chilled
- Sea Salt to taste
Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
Trim fig stems, removing anything fibrous but preserving the teardrop shape. Cut into quarters lengthwise and set aside.
Whisk olive oil into the vinegar and shallot mixture. Combine the greens and herbs and gently toss with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. .
Place the greens on a serving platter and nestle the fig quarters and strawberries around the greens. Crumble the goat cheese on top. .
Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette over the fruit and cheese and serve immediately.
Yield: Serves 4 Learn More
Courtesy of Dan from Denver, CO, featuring Temecula Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 6 T. TOOC Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Hot Pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 pounds ripe, fragrant heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 C chopped parsley
Heat large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the onion, and carrot and season with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and gently cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and stir to combine. Cover again and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are very juicy, 10-15 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Add the parsley and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in remaining Olive Oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. If it's too acidic, add a pinch of sugar. If it's too sweet a drop of red wine vinegar.
If you would like a thicker sauce cook down until it reaches the desired consistency. Learn More
Basil and Chicken - That’s It!
This simple chicken recipe is a quick and easy addition to various dishes all week. Chop it and add it to your salad at lunch or heat and serve with your favorite rice or pasta.
- Fresh Basil or Citrus Olive Oil
- Boneless chicken breast
Take a small amount of Fresh Basil Olive Oil (this works great with the Citrus too!) and coat the bottom of a baking pan with it. Place your chicken in the pan and drizzle a little bit more of the Fresh Basil Olive Oil. Bake at 425 for 30-40 min. Remove from heat and sprinkle a pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
This chicken is a quick and easy addition to various dishes all week. Chop it and add it to your salad at lunch, heat and serve with your favorite rice or pasta —how about our delicious Tomato Basil Pasta!ï¿½ Or just eat it alone as a quick and easy meal or snack.
Serves: 4 or variesLearn More
Your summer harvest of tomatoes will burst with pride!
This simple recipe showcases our Fresh Basil Olive Oil, made with crushed organic California Basil. It is wonderful hot, but is also great the next day as a cold pasta salad.
- 1 Red Tomato
- 1 Yellow Tomato
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Pine Nuts, Toasted and Unsalted
- 1 Pkg. Black Pepper Pasta
- Fresh Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Asagio Fresca Cheese
Chop tomatoes and bell peppers into even bite sized pieces and put aside. Cook pasta until aldente and drain. Toss Fresh Basil EVOO, pasta, tomatoes, bell peppers, and pine nuts together. Coating everything with the EVOO. Sprinkle with fresh grated Asagio Fresca cheese and serve. This is wonderful hot, but is also great the next day as a cold pasta salad.
Serves: 4Learn More