Search results for 'pepper'
Rice with a kick. When the rice is finished cooking, immediately mix in whole Jalapeno Stuffed Olives to the rice and serve.
Plan on preparing your favorite rice as you normally would. But first, add about 1 tablespoon of Picante Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the water for every cup of dry rice.
When the rice is finished cooking, immediately mix in whole Jalapeno Stuffed Olives to the rice and serve. Learn More
The flavors of basil, cilantro and lime bring this pasta dish to life.
Try this unique pasta dish with cashew, mint and cilantro.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1/3 C Cashews
- 1 fresh Jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/3 cup plus 3 Tablespoons Roasted Garlic Reserve Olive Oil
- 2 C fresh Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 C fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 C fresh parsley leaves (preferably flat leaf)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb dried fettuccine or other pasta
Toast cashews on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until fragrant (approximately 5-7 minutes). Let cool. Place cashews in food processor and process until they form a rough paste. Add the next four ingredients and pulse several times until incorporated into the paste. Add the fresh herbs and 1/2 of the olive oil and process to make a rough paste again.
Add the lime juice and the remaining olive oil and mix until smooth. Season to taste with the salt & pepper and set aside at room temperature. Meanwhile, make pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a warmed platter. Pour sauce over pasta and toss well. Serve immediately.Learn More
A light and tangy-sweet summer salad that is refreshing and unique.
- 1 English (hothouse) cucumber
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 scallions
- 1 T. California Balsamico
- 2 T. mint or parsley, chopped
Peel half of the cucumber, halve it crosswise (scooping out any seeds you may find). Cut each half lengthwise into strips, then cut the strips crosswise into small dice. Place in a colander over the sink or a rimmed plate or bowl, toss with salt and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes to draw out the juices. Hull strawberries, rinsing them only if they are sandy.
Slice and place them in a bowl with the sliced white and tender green parts of 2 scallions. Rinse the diced cucumber, drain on paper towels and add to the strawberries and scallions. Stir in balsamic vinegar and chopped mint or parsley. Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature.
Yield: Makes 2 cups Learn More
This Italian vegetable dish makes a great appetizer, side dish or snack!
- An assortment of spring or summer vegetables (baby carrots, fennel, sweet bell pepper, snap peas etc.) or, fall vegetables such as mushrooms, potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes
- Just Dip It Oil or Le Caprice D'Nature Olive Oil for dipping
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
Blanch or roast a selection of fresh seasonal vegetables. If you prefer them raw that is nice as well. Arrange on a plate and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In individual dipping dishes pour olive oil and season with sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste. Dip your veggies and enjoy!Learn More
Courtesy of Peggy, Rockville, NY, a recipe for Strawberry, Fig & Basil Salad.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 TBSP Vanilla & Fig Balsamic Vinegar (can substitute with sherry vinegar)
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 4 ripe Black Mission Figs
- 1/2 Cup TOOC Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula
- 3/4 C fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful young, tender frisee
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, chilled
- Sea Salt to taste
Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
Trim fig stems, removing anything fibrous but preserving the teardrop shape. Cut into quarters lengthwise and set aside.
Whisk olive oil into the vinegar and shallot mixture. Combine the greens and herbs and gently toss with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. .
Place the greens on a serving platter and nestle the fig quarters and strawberries around the greens. Crumble the goat cheese on top. .
Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette over the fruit and cheese and serve immediately.
Yield: Serves 4 Learn More
This pizza is infused with tequila and our Picante Pepper Olive Oil to give it a fresh modern zesty flavor.
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 6 ounces water
- 3 shots tequila
- 3 tablespoons Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon Sonoma Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Picante Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil
There are no measurements for the pizza toppings, so add as much or as little as you want.
- Pre-made Pizza Dough of your choice
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced tomato
- pre-cooked, sliced chicken breast (cooked in Picante Pepper Olive Oil)
- Pine nuts
- Picante Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer to blend flavors. Toss pizza dough into desired shape, brush with olive oil and bake halfway through. Remove half-baked pizza dough from the oven and carefully build your pizza. Place pizza back in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and is bubbling. Drizzle with olive oil, slice and serve.Learn More
Our D’Luscious Lemon Olive Oil brings the fresh pressed flavors of summertime lemons to this pasta dish.
- 1 pound fresh, medium thickness asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup TOOC D’Luscious Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Penne pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces; reserve tips separately. Cook asparagus stems in 5 to 6 quarts boiling water with 2 tablespoons salt until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a colander, reserving cooking water in pot, and rinse under cold water. Drain asparagus well and transfer to a food processor or blender. Cook asparagus tips in same boiling water until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to colander, reserving boiling water in pot, and rinse under cold water. Drain tips well.
Puree asparagus stems with zest, oil, and 1/2 cup asparagus cooking water. Transfer sauce to a 4-quart saucepan.Cook pasta in boiling asparagus cooking water for about three-fourths of the recommended cooking time (very al dente). Reserve 2 cups cooking water and drain pasta.
Add pasta, asparagus tips, and 1/2 cup reserved water to asparagus sauce and cook over high heat, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes, or until pasta is almost al dente and sauce coats pasta. Add more cooking water, 1/4 cup at a time, until sauce coats pasta but is a little loose (the cheese will thicken it slightly). Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and salt and pepper, to taste and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.Learn More
Seasonal Item! Limited Release! This spicy late harvest blend olive oil is created by pressing our olives with fresh jalapeño peppers. Add Picante Pepper Olive Oil to give any dish a little extra kick.Learn More$19.99
Basil and Chicken - That’s It!
This simple chicken recipe is a quick and easy addition to various dishes all week. Chop it and add it to your salad at lunch or heat and serve with your favorite rice or pasta.
- Fresh Basil or Citrus Olive Oil
- Boneless chicken breast
Take a small amount of Fresh Basil Olive Oil (this works great with the Citrus too!) and coat the bottom of a baking pan with it. Place your chicken in the pan and drizzle a little bit more of the Fresh Basil Olive Oil. Bake at 425 for 30-40 min. Remove from heat and sprinkle a pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
This chicken is a quick and easy addition to various dishes all week. Chop it and add it to your salad at lunch, heat and serve with your favorite rice or pasta —how about our delicious Tomato Basil Pasta!ï¿½ Or just eat it alone as a quick and easy meal or snack.
Serves: 4 or variesLearn More