Search results for 'lemon'
A fun, delicious chicken recipe with a pleasant rosemary flavor
- Whole chicken legs - drumsticks and split breasts are also fine
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 small sprigs thyme
- Ginger root - grated, or use 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 6 leaves fresh marjoram - chopped, or use 1/2 teaspoon of dried marjoram
- Sweet ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 lime slices - Replace with 2 lemon slices if you don't have limes
- A short dash of soy sauce
Sprinkle some freshly grated ginger on both sides of the chicken legs. Scatter the marjoram, a few pinches of red sweet pepper, the turmeric and salt to taste on both sides of the chicken pieces.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the rosemary and thyme sprigs. When the olive oil is hot, add the chicken legs and brown each side uncovered for 5 minutes over low-medium heat. You should begin to see a nice crust.
lace 2 lime slices on top of each chicken piece and squeeze a little bit of lime juice over them too. If you use lemon use only 1 slice for each chicken leg, because lemons aren't as sweet as limes.
Pour a short dash of soy sauce over the chicken legs. Turn down the heat a little bit and cover. Cook each side for 10 minutes. It's advisable to turn over the fried chicken pieces twice during the cooking time.
Prep time: 5 minutes.Learn More
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
This delicious hummus serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer
- 2 cups (450 g) dry chick peas (garbanzo beans) - about 5 cups cooked
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) tahini (sesame paste)
- 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) lemon juice - freshly pressed
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water (use chickpea cooking water, if you have it available) - optional
- 2 or more tablespoons D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat Italian parsley - as garnish
Cook the chick peas and drain them. Crush and mash the garbanzo beans with a food mill or blender.
Add the salt and peeled garlic cloves to a mortar and crush them. Add the tahini and lemon juice alternately to the same mortar and mix well with the pestle or a wooden spoon.
Pour the tahini mixture over the pureed chick peas, and work it with a whisker or wooden spoon until you obtain a smooth and thick, but soft paste.
Pour the hummus onto a shallow serving plate.
A moment before serving, drizzle the D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil in the center and garnish with the chopped parsley
Serve chilled or at room temperature with radishes, pickles and green onions, as it is done traditionally.
Serves: 6 to 8 as appetizerLearn More
Our Roturre di Oro EVOO and Herbs de Provence lend invigorating flavor.
This recipe is perfect if you are in the mood for a terrific flavor-packed meal, our Frantoio EVOO and Herbs de Provence lend invigorating flavor.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, thinly sliced lengthwise. (Tenderloins would work, but I like the length and presentation of the sliced breast.)
- Whole Wheat Couscous
- Frantoio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Diced heart of 1 purple onion
- Herbs De Provence
- 1 small lemon
Coat bottom of baking pan with olive oil and place chicken strips in pan. Squeeze the lemon over the chicken and sprinkle with herbs. Cover and bake. Prepare couscous according to package directions. Substitute olive oil for butter. When fluffing couscous, add onion heart to it. When couscous and chicken have both finished cooking, put couscous in serving bowl and arrange chicken on top in a lattice pattern. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs and serve.Learn More
Seafood is a natural fit for D’Luscious Lemon Olive Oil. We use select California lemons and press them with our highly acclaimed Mission olives.
- 4 (6-ounce) scrod fillets, skin on (halibut is a good substitute)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup capers (preferably in salt), rinsed
- 1 1/2 large lemons, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cups TOOC D’Luscious Lemon Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Pat the fish dry. Sprinkle the fish with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
Chop half of the capers and mix with the whole capers. Arrange half of lemon slices in 1 layer in an 8-inch square glass baking dish and arrange fish fillets in a single layer over the lemon slices. Top with all of capers, remaining lemon slices, and 3 tablespoons parsley, then pour oil over fish. Bake in middle of oven, uncovered, until fish just flakes and is cooked through, about 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
Serve fish with some of lemon slices, capers, and oil spooned over the top.Learn More
Pistou is a variation of Italian pesto. It makes a great sauce or condiment for pasta dishes, fish, chicken, vegetables, and soup. Submitted by Leesa from Plymouth, MA.
- 2 C sorrel or basil, tough stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- ½ C Le Caprice de Nature
- Dash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ t course sea salt
- 1/8 t fresh ground pepper
Combine sorrel, walnuts, garlic, and parmesan in bowl of food processor And pulse until finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in 6 tablespoons Le Caprice and process until smooth. Add lemon juice, slat and pepper. Spoon into small bowl and top with remaining Le Caprice. Refrigerate until ready to use. To serve; use as a vegetable dip, bread dip, sandwich spread, in bean soup, tossed with fresh cooked pasta or on grilled meat. ENJOY! Learn More
Healthy and delicious salmon steaks served with a delightful lemon sauce.
- 3 tablespoons D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounces each) salmon steaks
- 4 1/4-inch slices lemon
Prepare grill placing coals to one side; heat until coals are ash white. Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite coals.
In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, marjoram and pepper. Brush unto both sides of salmon steaks.
Place salmon steaks on grill over drip pan. Cover; grill 6 minutes. Turn fish; brush with lemon sauce. Top each salmon steak with 1 slice of fresh lemon. Cover; continue grilling until fish flakes with a fork (6 to 8 minutes)
Yield: 4 servingsLearn More
Foaming olive oil soap -- this liquid soap is a luxurious way to wash your hands with the bright and sunny scent of lemon verbena. Learn More$11.50