Search results for 'butter'
If you prefer, you can substitute large shiitake mushrooms, porcini, and thick slices of puffball mushrooms for the Portobellos.
This is a meatless dish, but not a vegetarian one—the meat is on the side. If you prefer, you can substitute large shiitake mushrooms, porcini, and thick slices of puffball mushrooms for the Portobellos.
- 1/2 cup Mission Olive Oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups double-strength Chicken Stock, or 3 cups canned
- low-salt chicken broth boiled until reduced by half
- Gray salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 large fresh Portobello mushrooms, gills removed
- 4 good handfuls baby spinach
- 1 recipe Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Soft Polenta
Prepare the grill and let it burn down to medium-hot coals. While waiting for the grill to be ready, make the sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the shallot and cook briefly until soft and light brown. Add 1 teaspoon of the thyme and stir. Then add the red wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add the stock, return to a boil, and continue to cook until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Season with salt and pepper.
Measure 2 tablespoons sauce into a medium bowl and whisk in the red wine vinegar. While whisking rapidly, drizzle in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Taste for salt and pepper. Set the vinaigrette aside until ready to assemble the dish. Whisk the butter into the remaining sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste, and keep warm.
a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, the garlic, and the remaining 1 teaspoon thyme. Holding the mushrooms one at a time over the bowl, spoon the marinade over them and let the excess run back into the bowl. Repeat until the mushrooms have been well coated all over. (This method prevents the mushrooms from absorbing too much marinade.) Lay the mushrooms on a plate and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Place the mushrooms, gill side down, on the grill and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes total. Remove and keep warm.
Add the spinach to the vinaigrette and toss well. Divide the potatoes among 4 warm plates. Top with the mushrooms, gill side up, and spoon the sauce onto the mushrooms and over the potatoes. Top with the spinach salad and serve immediately.Learn More
This chicken is flavored with fresh sage leaves and our Olivescca Olives.
The rosemary garnish makes a beautiful presentation!
- 1-2 lbs. Thinly Sliced or Chopped Raw Chicken
- 1 T Salish Sea Salt
- 3/4 C Olivasecca Olives, rinsed
- 3/4 C Dry Toasted Pine Nuts
- 10 Whole Fresh Sage Leaves
- 1 Pkg. Whole Wheat Couscous
- 2 1/2 T Rosemary Reserve Olive Oil
In a large bowl, combine chicken, sage, 1/2 T Salish, cover and shake to coat chicken with oil and salt. Place in refrigerator to marinade 2-3 hours (all day would be best). Prepare couscous as directed, using 1 1/2 T Rosemary EVOO in place of butter and finely ground Salish Sea Salt for table salt. While couscous is standing, heat 1-2 T Rosemary EVOO in large skillet and saut chicken (including the sage leaves). After couscous has been fluffed, add chicken, pine nuts, olives, and toss lightly. Garnish sprigs of fresh rosemary and/or sage and serve. For moister couscous drizzle with extra Rosemary EVOO when tossing everything together.Learn More
Warm vegetable and anchovy dip made with your favorite vegetables of the season and Le Caprice D'Nature savory olive oil.
- An assortment of spring or summer vegetables (baby carrots, fennel, sweet bell pepper, snap peas etc.) or, fall vegetables such as mushrooms, potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/2 C Le Caprice D'Nature Olive Oil
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets
In a small pan over low heat combine the first three ingredients. Do not allow the garlic to brown. Add the anchovies, mash and blend into the oil. Serve warm. Learn More
Our Roturre di Oro EVOO and Herbs de Provence lend invigorating flavor.
This recipe is perfect if you are in the mood for a terrific flavor-packed meal, our Frantoio EVOO and Herbs de Provence lend invigorating flavor.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, thinly sliced lengthwise. (Tenderloins would work, but I like the length and presentation of the sliced breast.)
- Whole Wheat Couscous
- Frantoio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Diced heart of 1 purple onion
- Herbs De Provence
- 1 small lemon
Coat bottom of baking pan with olive oil and place chicken strips in pan. Squeeze the lemon over the chicken and sprinkle with herbs. Cover and bake. Prepare couscous according to package directions. Substitute olive oil for butter. When fluffing couscous, add onion heart to it. When couscous and chicken have both finished cooking, put couscous in serving bowl and arrange chicken on top in a lattice pattern. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs and serve.Learn More