Search results for 'garlic'
Warm vegetable and anchovy dip made with your favorite vegetables of the season and Le Caprice D'Nature savory olive oil.
- An assortment of spring or summer vegetables (baby carrots, fennel, sweet bell pepper, snap peas etc.) or, fall vegetables such as mushrooms, potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/2 C Le Caprice D'Nature Olive Oil
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets
In a small pan over low heat combine the first three ingredients. Do not allow the garlic to brown. Add the anchovies, mash and blend into the oil. Serve warm. Learn More
If you prefer, you can substitute large shiitake mushrooms, porcini, and thick slices of puffball mushrooms for the Portobellos.
This is a meatless dish, but not a vegetarian one—the meat is on the side. If you prefer, you can substitute large shiitake mushrooms, porcini, and thick slices of puffball mushrooms for the Portobellos.
- 1/2 cup Mission Olive Oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups double-strength Chicken Stock, or 3 cups canned
- low-salt chicken broth boiled until reduced by half
- Gray salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 large fresh Portobello mushrooms, gills removed
- 4 good handfuls baby spinach
- 1 recipe Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Soft Polenta
Prepare the grill and let it burn down to medium-hot coals. While waiting for the grill to be ready, make the sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the shallot and cook briefly until soft and light brown. Add 1 teaspoon of the thyme and stir. Then add the red wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add the stock, return to a boil, and continue to cook until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Season with salt and pepper.
Measure 2 tablespoons sauce into a medium bowl and whisk in the red wine vinegar. While whisking rapidly, drizzle in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Taste for salt and pepper. Set the vinaigrette aside until ready to assemble the dish. Whisk the butter into the remaining sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste, and keep warm.
a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, the garlic, and the remaining 1 teaspoon thyme. Holding the mushrooms one at a time over the bowl, spoon the marinade over them and let the excess run back into the bowl. Repeat until the mushrooms have been well coated all over. (This method prevents the mushrooms from absorbing too much marinade.) Lay the mushrooms on a plate and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Place the mushrooms, gill side down, on the grill and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes total. Remove and keep warm.
Add the spinach to the vinaigrette and toss well. Divide the potatoes among 4 warm plates. Top with the mushrooms, gill side up, and spoon the sauce onto the mushrooms and over the potatoes. Top with the spinach salad and serve immediately.Learn More
From our family to yours, a carefully balanced blend of our extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red chili pepper flakes, garlic, and an array of spices ready to enjoy. More than a dip, it's ideal on salads and pasta. It also makes a delicious marinade for steaks, chicken, and fish. Learn More$17.99
We select fresh herbs and garlic, blend them into creamy cheese and gently fill our premium pitted olives to create a flavorful treat you're sure to enjoy. We tend to toss them into warm pasta salads, though many friends favor them in martinis. Drain weight 10oz Learn More$8.50
This delicious hummus serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer
- 2 cups (450 g) dry chick peas (garbanzo beans) - about 5 cups cooked
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) tahini (sesame paste)
- 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) lemon juice - freshly pressed
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water (use chickpea cooking water, if you have it available) - optional
- 2 or more tablespoons D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat Italian parsley - as garnish
Cook the chick peas and drain them. Crush and mash the garbanzo beans with a food mill or blender.
Add the salt and peeled garlic cloves to a mortar and crush them. Add the tahini and lemon juice alternately to the same mortar and mix well with the pestle or a wooden spoon.
Pour the tahini mixture over the pureed chick peas, and work it with a whisker or wooden spoon until you obtain a smooth and thick, but soft paste.
Pour the hummus onto a shallow serving plate.
A moment before serving, drizzle the D'Luscious Lemon Olive Oil in the center and garnish with the chopped parsley
Serve chilled or at room temperature with radishes, pickles and green onions, as it is done traditionally.
Serves: 6 to 8 as appetizerLearn More
The flavors of basil, cilantro and lime bring this pasta dish to life.
Try this unique pasta dish with cashew, mint and cilantro.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1/3 C Cashews
- 1 fresh Jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/3 cup plus 3 Tablespoons Roasted Garlic Reserve Olive Oil
- 2 C fresh Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 C fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 C fresh parsley leaves (preferably flat leaf)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb dried fettuccine or other pasta
Toast cashews on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until fragrant (approximately 5-7 minutes). Let cool. Place cashews in food processor and process until they form a rough paste. Add the next four ingredients and pulse several times until incorporated into the paste. Add the fresh herbs and 1/2 of the olive oil and process to make a rough paste again.
Add the lime juice and the remaining olive oil and mix until smooth. Season to taste with the salt & pepper and set aside at room temperature. Meanwhile, make pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a warmed platter. Pour sauce over pasta and toss well. Serve immediately.Learn More