Write Your Own Review
The Herbs de Provence add depth, complexity and zest to the fresh ingredients in this flavorful appetizer.
- 2 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 pkg fresh mozzarella cheese, drained (The mini balls work great!)
- 1 T Herbs De Provence
- 1 t Salish Salt, finely ground
- 2 T Le Caprice de Nature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 T California Balsamico Vinegar
- 2-3 T Olivum Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Start with 2T. If you want it wetter, add another tablespoon)
Slice tomatoes and cheese into small, bite-sized pieces. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Stir again, serve and enjoy.Learn More
A light and tangy-sweet summer salad that is refreshing and unique.
- 1 English (hothouse) cucumber
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 scallions
- 1 T. California Balsamico
- 2 T. mint or parsley, chopped
Peel half of the cucumber, halve it crosswise (scooping out any seeds you may find). Cut each half lengthwise into strips, then cut the strips crosswise into small dice. Place in a colander over the sink or a rimmed plate or bowl, toss with salt and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes to draw out the juices. Hull strawberries, rinsing them only if they are sandy.
Slice and place them in a bowl with the sliced white and tender green parts of 2 scallions. Rinse the diced cucumber, drain on paper towels and add to the strawberries and scallions. Stir in balsamic vinegar and chopped mint or parsley. Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature.
Yield: Makes 2 cups Learn More
This recipe is full of fun savory ingredients like pine nuts, feta cheese and baby squash.
- 1-2 bottles of your favorite Red Table Wine
- Your favorite fresh pasta
- Raw Pine Nuts
- Baby Squash
- 1 Pkg. Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 T finely ground Salish Salt
- 2-3 T California Balsamico Vinegar
- Olivum Olive Oil
- D’luscious Lemon Olive Oil
The morning before dinner cut the baby squash into bite sized pieces and toss with the Salish Salt and Balsamic Vinegar in a zip lock bag and place in the fridge to marinate.Pour the red wine into your favorite pasta pot and boil. Add pasta to the red wine and cook normally. While the pasta is cooking saute the marinated veggies in the D’luscious Lemon Oil, and set aside, keeping warm. Next in a dry skillet over medium to low heat toast the pine nuts. When the pasta is al dente drain and toss all ingredients with the Olivum Olive Oil. Serve and Enjoy!
Yield: 6 servingsLearn More
There are no Nutrition Facts define here.